Thursday, July 14, 2005

One Track Mind


One year I had one of those Zen Page-A-Day Calendars which gave you a different Zen quote for every day of the year.

When I got to this quote...

"You are what you think about all day long." -- Dr. Robert Schuller

... I tore it out and mailed it to my friend Cap'n John in Las Vegas, with an added note scrawled across the bottom:

"This is why men are always making such boobs and asses of themselves."

He stuck it on his fridge door, and later told me that when his mother went to visit him, she didn't "get it." Yes, there is definitely a difference in the way male and female brains are wired. Have you ever accused a woman of being a dick?

My point is that I have another quote from Scarlett Johansson about being forced to wear a bra during the filming of The Island:

Scarlett herself admitted: "I said, 'Women don't normally sleep in a bra. I can't wake up in this scene wearing a bra, it's ridiculous'.

When asked by the director what she wanted to wear instead, she replied: "Well, nothing."

So Hollywood has gone from filming unrealistic scenes for the sake of showing actresses naked, to filming unrealistic scenes for the sake of keeping them clothed. I do not view this as progress.

(By the way, the collage above is of Scarlett Johansson in a scene from A Love Song For Bobby Long. Click to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home