Thursday, April 13, 2006

From Billy Madison to Billy Batson?

Yahoo News and Sci Fi Wire reported today that Peter Segal, director of such Adam Sandler movies as "The Longest Yard," "50 First Dates" and "Anger Management," has been chosen to helm the "Shazam!" movie. Although Sandler himself has no connection to this movie (yet), I can easily see him as a grown-up version of Billy Batson.

I'm not saying it's pretty, I'm just saying I can see it. It's not that hard, watch: "Adam Sandler wearing a red t-shirt with a yellow collar." See? Instant mental image. But I'll make it even easier for you with a little cheesy photoshopping below.

Of course, that makes me wonder who would play Captain Marvel after Sandler yelled "Shazam!"...

I'm thinking Brandon Molale, who appeared with Sandler in "The Longest Yard" and "Mr. Deeds." You might also remember him from "Dodgeball."

If you've got a better suggestion for the role of the Big Red Cheese (a.k.a. Captain Whitebread), I'd like to hear it.

(By the way, I bet you never expected to see a photo of Captain Marvel attending the premiere of Deuce Bigalow, did you?)

4 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too funny.

But als it could be so true.
{The Horror} Worse than Patrick Warburton as Captain Marvel or the big rumour of Jack Black being Kyle Rayner in a comedic Green Lantern pitch.

 
At 1:56 PM, May 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of Brandon Molale playing the role! He LOOKS exactly like him!

 
At 9:43 AM, June 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sin duda alguna el es shazam

 
At 12:40 AM, August 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't let the rock be SHAZAM!!!!! Brandon Molale is perfect for this role!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home